Feng Shui is the ancient Chinese approach to living in harmony with the environment. Feng Shui focuses on the flow of energy, or Chi, in your Lehigh Valley Home.
5 Elements of Feng Shui
- Wood burns and produces fire
- Fire turns into ashes, which produce earth
- Earth spins and produces metal
- Metal contracts and produces water
- Water creates wood with its nourishment
Association of the 5 Elements
|Wood||Growth, Creativity||Rectangular, Vertical|
|Fire||Expansion, Action||Triangular, Pointed|
|Earth||Stability, Balance||Square, Flat|
|Water||Stillness, Concentration||Curved, Wavy|
The Elements should work together in your Lehigh Valley Home to create Positive Chi.
For instance, the bathroom contains water. Water is associated with curved and wavy shapes so triangular and pointed fixtures, associated with Fire, creates Negative Chi.
Positive Chi in Your Lehigh Valley Home
Each area of the home can be examined to determine if there is positive or negative Chi. Here are some examples:
- Front Path - a curved properly landscaped front path allows Chi to smoothly enter your home
- Front Door - a well-kept door will attract good Chi
- Foyer - the foyer and front door should not face the back door. Chi will enter house and race out back door
- Kitchen - contains water and fire, the elements are in opposition, opposite elements should not face each other
- Bedroom - no mirrors that can be seen from bed, disrupts Chi
- Bathroom - toilet should not be directly opposite the door, bad Chi can escape into the rest of house
- Lighting - natural light will attract good Chi, gloomy darkness attracts bad Chi
The principles of Feng Shui promote a home that is clean and bright with all 5 of the elements interacting in a positive manner.